A Morgan County detention officer was arrested Saturday night and charged with trafficking in OxyContin, according to Morgan County Sheriff Ana Franklin.
Evan Leath Burgess, 26, was arrested in the parking lot of the Target shopping center in Decatur, Franklin said Sunday in a statement.
Franklin said several sources told agents Burgess had been involved in bringing illegal items into the jail. The drug task force’s investigation uncovered a plan by Burgess to take narcotics to an inmate in return for money, Franklin said.
Burgess was booked into Morgan County Jail with a $50,000 bond.
- Morgan County jailer charged with drug trafficking
- Murray Bridge woman charged for trafficking ice
- How To Get The Best Interstate Drug Trafficking Lawyer in Santa Cruz County AZ
- How To Get The Best Interstate Drug Trafficking Lawyer in Apache County AZ
- How To Get The Best Interstate Drug Trafficking Lawyer in Maricopa AZ